Posted: Wed, 23rd Jun 2021
Update as of 23rd June 2021
With the school holidays fast approaching it is a timely reminder to members regardless of where we live in NSW to remain vigilant in their Covid-19 Safe Practices.
As you would be aware NSW Health have implemented the wearing of face masks at indoor venues in the Greater Sydney, Blue Mountains, Wollongong and Shellharbour local government areas until the 1 July 2021.
NSW Health have placed restrictions on outdoor venues or community sporting activities, see below and the NSW Health website for full details.
Clubs and Zones are reminded under NSW Health guidelines that they must complete a Covid-19 Safety Plan and submit a risk assessment document to the state office for all pony club activities or event including including but not limited to rally days, competitions, fundraising, working bees, camps etc.
An example risk assessment document may be found on our website as a starting point for clubs and zones.
PCA NSW will continue to monitor NSW Health guidelines and provide any community sport updates as they are available and encourages all members to maintain social distancing, continue with good hand hygiene and where social distancing is not possible wear a face mask (regardless of where you live in the state).
Members are asked not to travel to or attend any pony club activities or events if they are unwell and get tested for Covid-19 if you have any cold or flu like symptoms and complete QR codes at all venues to help with contact tracing.
From 4pm today the following COVID-19 restrictions will be introduced for Greater Sydney, the Central Coast, Blue Mountains, Wollongong and Shellharbour:
• Visitors to households will be limited to 5 guests – including children;
• Masks will be compulsory in all indoor non-residential settings, including workplaces, and at organised outdoor events;
• Drinking while standing at indoor venues will not be allowed;
• Singing by audiences at indoor shows or by congregants at indoor places of worship will not be allowed;
• Dancing will not be allowed at indoor hospitality venues or nightclubs however, dancing is allowed at weddings for the bridal party only (no more than 20 people);
• Dance and gym classes limited to 20 per class (masks must be worn);
• The one person per four square metre rule will be re-introduced for all indoor and outdoor settings, including weddings and funerals;
• Outdoor seated events will be limited to 50% seated capacity;
• Previous public transport capacity limits, represented by green dots, will be reintroduced;
• If you live or work in the City of Sydney, Waverley, Randwick, Canada Bay, Inner West, Bayside, and Woollahra local government areas, you cannot travel outside metropolitan Sydney for non-essential travel.'
The Covid-19 Map can be found here.