In this edition of Pon E News:
The bi-monthly mail out to Club and Zone Secretaries, Zone Chief Instructors and Zone Councillors will include;
The bi-monthly mail out covering letter is available on the state website under the Publications tab for everyone to access.
State Meeting Motions
C49/11 It was moved that PCA NSW introduce an E Efficiency Certificate.
C50/11 It was moved that the age groups for Campdraft be changed to
10 to Under 13 years
13 to Under 15 years
15 to Under 17 years
17 to Under 25 years
C52/11 It was moved that the number of classes be increased to four (4) from the 2012 State Jumping Equitation Championships with the first class a simple round of jumping with tasks in the further three (3) classes.
C53/11 It was moved that the events for the next Showjumping Championship be AM5 and 273.3.3 on day one and Grand Prix and Accumulator with Alternate Fence on day two.
C54/11 It was moved that the Dressage tests for the next Championships be increased to
Under 13 years 1.D & 2.A
13 to Under 15 years 2.A & 2.C
15 to Under 17 years 2.C & 3.B
17 to Under 25 years 3.B & 3.C
C56/11 It was moved that NCAS Preliminary Level Certificates holders be eligible to become Level 1 Examiners and those who hold NCAS Level 1 Certificate be eligible for either Level 1 or Level 2 Examiners Certificates.
2011 Equestrian Life National Championships
Congratulations again to all the selected riders. A few reminders;
Rider Profile Photo
- If you haven't already supplied a photo for use in the championship draw please email a jpeg image to email@example.com
by Sunday, 28 August 2011
- All stabling booking forms have been forwarded directly to the venue, Werribee Park National Equestrian Centre (WPENC). Please confirm your requirements directly with the WPNEC via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
or telephone 03 9741 7672 by Friday, 9 September
Merchandise - All merchandise orders have now closed and no further changes, or additions, will be accepted. The Association will endeavour to have NSW merchandise sent directly to riders the week prior to the championships. Please note, although riders are entitled to one free polo shirt, scarf and/or tie, if this was not indicated on the Accommodation and Apparel Order Form then you will not receive one. National merchandise, as ordered through Victoria, will be made available at the venue.
Code of Conduct - Thank you to all riders who have thus far submitted a signed Code of Conduct Agreement. If you are yet to submit yours please do so by Wednesday, 31 August. A copy of the form can be downloaded here.
2012 State Championships
Dates and host details of State Championships for 2012 are as follows:
Dressage Championship, Zone 3, Orange Showground, Orange – 21st & 22nd January 2012
Sporting & Campdraft Championships, Zone 4, Trangie Showground, Trangie – 14th & 15th April
Jumping Equitation Championships, Zone 10, Bi-Centennial Park, Camden – 12th & 13th May or 19th & 20th May (TBC)
Showjumping Championships, no venue as yet – 7th & 8th July - HOST ZONE NEEDED
Polocrosse Championships, no venue as yet – 13th, 14th & 15th July - HOST ZONE NEEDED
Mounted Games Championships, no venue as yet – 29th & 30th September - HOST ZONE NEEDED
One Day Event Championships, Zone 20, Albury Wodonga Equestrian Centre, Thurgoona – 6th & 7th October
Show Riding Championships, no venue as yet – 1st & 2nd December - HOST ZONE NEEDED
Zones are reminded that all applications to host a 2012 State Championship must be submitted on the official application form before the next State Meeting in November. The Office is working hard to secure sponsors for these events and it is essential that we have venues booked. Furthermore, without a host zone these events may be cancelled.
Club of the Month Competition
Each month 1 club receives a fantastic prize pack including: -
These prizes are ideal for fundraising purposes or for awarding to valued volunteers or successful riders. We are yet to award a Club of the Month winner for July so get your entry in quick to be in with a great chance of winning.
HOW TO ENTER: Write a Club Profile. Tell us how great your club is by writing a short paragraph, or two, on each of the following topics;
- Club History - What year did the club form? Who formed it? Where were the original grounds? How many members were there in the first year? etc.
- Club Improvements - How has the club changed over the years? E.g. moved grounds, name changed, etc.
- Club Today - How many members are there today? How often do you meet? Describe your typical rally day, etc.
- Club Plug - What's the best thing about being a member of the club? Have any members achieved state, or national, success?
PLUS, include up to 4 high quality images, as attachments. Please also include; your name, Club, Zone as well as the Club Secretary name and email so that we can contact them should your club win. Email email@example.com
with the subject heading ‘Club of the Month
ENTRIES CLOSE: the last day of the month
School/Pony Club "Behind the Scenes" Tours
Sydney International Three Day Event organising invites interested students, teaching staff or Pony Clubs to have a special “behind-the-scenes” look at what is undoubtedly Australia’s premier equestrian event.
This year the Australian based Elite eventers are competing for individual global rankings to assist with the qualification of the Australian Olympic Eventing team in their bid to win a seventh Olympic gold at London 2012. The competition will be hot and a fabulous opportunity for students to get a real idea of what goes into the making of Olympic medallists.
Sydney International Eventing is offering two packages for schools and pony clubs, as outlined below.
OPTION ONE: - Friday ($25 per head)
- Walk the cross country with an elite rider.
- Tour the stables and hear all about what it takes to care for top eventing horses with top international groom Amy McGregor.
- Watch the Australian Young Event Horse Championships and the CCI3* Dressage from a special area set aside for premier viewing.
- Lunch and signed souvenir event program included.
OPTION TWO: - Saturday ($25 per head)
- Walk the cross country with former Australian Eventing Coach, Wayne Roycroft.
- Tour the stables and the finish box for a glimpse of how Australia’s elite horses are cared for as they finish the gruelling cross country phase.
- Watch the action in the CCI2* and CCI3* from a prime viewing position at the water jump.
- Lunch and signed souvenir Event program included.
We look forward to welcoming your students / members to Sydney International Three Day Event.
Please RSVP with numbers and payment by Friday 2nd September using the attached booking form.
Booking/Payment Form – Download here. Please complete and return by no later than 2 September 2011
The Pony Club Association of NSW is kindly sponsored and supported by;
You have received this email because you are a current, or former, Pony Club NSW member. To unsubscribe please click here. DO NOT reply to this email.