You have received this email because you are a current, or former, Pony Club NSW member. To unsubscribe please click here. DO NOT reply to this email.
In this edition of Pon E News:
- April Mail Out
- March State Meetings
- 2012 State Championships
- Insurance Claims Procedures
- Pony Club NSW Awards
- Newsletter Competitions - March 2011
- Equine Insurance
- About Bunting
- Sydney's Weekend of Equestrian World Cups
- Easter Closure Times
April Mail Out
The bi-monthly mail out will be sent this week. With the Easter long weekend this may mean slight delays to some members but should be received by club and zone officials by the end of next week at the latest. The mail out will include;
- Minutes of the March Annual General Meeting
- Minutes of the March Council Meeting
- State Ranvet Showjumping Championships Schedule
- State Polocrosse Championships Schedule
- Keith Lowe Award Nomination Form
- Showjumping Course Design Clinic Booking Forms
- Mitavite Order Form (Zone Secretaries Only)
- PCAQ State Dressage, Combined Training and Horse Trails Championships (Zone Chief Instructors Only)
The bi-monthly mail out covering letter is now available on the state website under the Publications tab for everyone to access. The above information, except the Mitavite Order Form, is also available on the State Website, www.pcansw.org.au.
March State Meetings
The following is just a few of the motions carried at the recent state meeting;
C9/11 It was moved that a Working Hunter/Hack class in all heights be added to the 2011 Show Riding schedule.
C10/11 That the uniform for the Polocrosse Championships be a Zone uniform of fawn/beige jodhpurs/or fawn/beige stockman cut trousers, polo shirt (with collar and sleeves) in Zone colours, together with regulation helmet and boots.
C11/11 It was moved that breastplate be compulsory at Polocrosse events.
C12/11 It was moved that bits/bridles with protrusions/shanks not be allowed at Polocrosse events.
C15/11 It was moved that as from 2012 Zones be responsible for finding, booking and paying for suitable accommodation for all State run schools and clinics.
C16/11 It was moved that as from 2012 the fees for a specialist clinic/course be $20.00 per person for Pony Club NSW members and $35.00 per person for non Pony Club members.
C18/11 It was moved that all Clubs and Zones utilizing My Web will be charged $20.00 per year to start in 2012.
Confirmation of Executive for 2011 - 2012;
- President - Mrs Dianne Cullen, Zone 16
- Vice President - Mr Kim Felton, Zone 20
- Vice President - Mrs Maree Clark, Zone 11
- Treasurer - Mr Doug Denby, Zone 26
- Council Representative - Mr Stuart Munro, Zone 24
- Council Representative - Mrs Margaret Pestel OAM, Zone 2
- Chairman of Chief Instructors Committee - Mrs Jenny Frankum, Zone 10
- Zone Chief Instructors Member to the Executive - Mrs Elaine Caswell, Zone 28
2012 State Championships
Dates and host details of State Championships for 2012 are as follows:
- Dressage Championship, Zone 3, Orange Showground, Orange – 21st & 22nd January 2012
- Sporting & Campdrafting Championships, no host as yet – 14th & 15th April (TBC)
- Jumping Equitation Championships, no host as yet – 12th & 13th May (TBC)
- Showjumping Championships, no host as yet – 7th & 8th July. (TBC)
- Polocrosse Championships, no host as yet – 13th, 14th & 15th July (TBC)
- Mounted Games Championships, no host as yet – 29th & 30th September (TBC)
- One Day Event Championships, no host as yet – 6th & 7th October (TBC)
- Show Riding Championships, no host as yet – 1st & 2nd December (TBC)
Zones are reminded that all applications to host a 2012 State Championship must be submitted on the official application form
before the next State Meetings in July/August. The Office is working hard to secure sponsors for these events and it is essential that we have venues booked.
Insurance Claims Procedure
All claims MUST be sent to the State Office. We will forward the claims to the insurers so that we have a record of any claims submitted and can follow them up if necessary. Claims are not to be sent directly to the insurers under any circumstances. For a copy of the Insurance Claim Form please contact the State office on 02 4229 8977 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note, the insurers have recently advised that they now require full date of birth details for all PCANSW members. In the event of a claim, this information will be relevant for Personal Accident benefits that may be due to any potential claimants. The insurers will require PCANSW to confirm the true and correct ages of all members. PCANSW asks Club Secretaries to provide the date of birth for all members on the affiliation form. Currently, affiliation books state to indicate “S” if senior. Please ignore this until a re-print of additional books is possible. Thank you for your understanding and co-operation.
Pony Club NSW Awards
Do you know a member who deserves to be recognised for their hard work and committment to Pony Club NSW? Then they may be eligible for one of the below awards.
EBM Insurance Brokers Volunteer of the Year Award
One member from each zone receives: -
Keith Lowe Associate Award
One associate from each zone receives: -
- Personalised Keith Lowe certificate
- Keith Lowe badge
- Acknowledgement on the website Honour Roll
- 2 x Mitavite Gift Certificates for an Xtra-Cool feed bag
- 1 x Rider’s Diary courtesy of Rider’s Diary
Nominations close: 30 June 2011 - Click here to download the Nomination Form
Newsletter Competitions - March 2011
As seen in the March 2011 newsletter, here's what you could win...
- 2 Mitavite Gift Certificates for an Xtra-Cool feed bag
- 1 AS/NZS 3838 Safety Compliant Helmet, your choice of a CRW Carbon, CRW Elite, GG Rider Supreme or Bambino Riding, courtesy of Saddlery Trading Company. A voucher will be supplied for redemption of the correct individual size through the Saddlery Trading Company head office
- A horse pack including hoof cream and sun block courtesy of Equine Performance Pty Ltd
- One (1) portrait painting of an animal, 20cm x 25cm on canvas, fully backed and ready to hang. Portrait is of your pet animal based on photo supplied to artist. Prize courtesy of Kim’s Pet Portraits
- A 110cm green Equi-Ball ideal for playing equine soccer courtesy of Oz Horse Toys
- A pair of Cross Country boots courtesy of Thomas Cook Boot & Clothing Co. Boots are an elastic sided Pony Club boot, leather upper, leather lining, TPR (Rubber) Sole. RRP $89.95. Available in the followings sizes: 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 (no half sizes). The winner will receive their requested size directly from the head office.
HOW TO ENTER
: Download the newsletter competitions pages here
, solve the puzzles and follow the entry instructions.
ENTRIES CLOSE: 30 April 2011
Didn't like the type of puzzles featured in these competitions? What type of newsletter competition would you enter?
Let us know by completing our poll
Equine Insurance - Insurance Solutions for the Equine Industry
With EBM's Equine Division you are dealing with people that know horses and understand the risks you face every day. That's why they'll structure your risk management program to suit your specific needs offering the following insurances;
- Public liability
- Personal accident
- Horse & float insurance
- Professional indemnity
- Business & farm pack
About Bunting - Supplier of Quality Bunting to Pony Clubs for 27 years
- Custom made at no extra cost
- Manufactured in club colours as available
- Made to length
- Can supply for under $1.00 per metre
Easter Closure Times
The State Office will be closed all public holidays, i.e. closed from Friday, 22 April and reopening Wednesday, 27 April. We would like to take this opportunity to wish all our members a safe and Happy Easter and a wonderful long weekend.
The Pony Club Association of NSW is kindly sponsored and supported by;