This newsletter can also be viewed by clicking here.
You have received this email because you are a current, or former, Pony Club NSW member. To unsubscribe please click here. DO NOT reply to this email.
In this edition of Pon E News:
- Anivac State Jumping Equitation Championships
- Showjumping Judges Clinic
- State Annual General Meeting
- 2011 National Pony Club Championships
- Open Day Initiative
- Horses Health
- Club of the Month Competition
Anivac State Jumping Equitation Championships
The Pony Club Assoication of NSW is pleased to announce that Anivac Cleaning Systems has jumped on board as the naming rights sponsor at this years Jumping Equitation Championships to be held at West Wyalong Showground, Zone 11, on the 14-15 May. Each rider entered into the championships receives one entry into the draw for the chance to WIN an Anivac cleaning system for your club. The winning club will be announced at the championships during the presentation ceremony.
The Anivac State Jumping Equitation Championship schedule was sent in the February mail out and can be downloaded here. For more information on Anivac simply visit their website, www.chemikol.com.au.
Showjumping Judges Clinic
Mr Graham Davey will present a Showjumping Judges Clinic on Saturday 5 to Sunday 6 March 2011 at Cudal, Zone 3. Bookings close Friday, 25 February 2011. Download a copy of the Booking Form by clicking here.
- Membership Fees - Fees for 2011 have increased to $45 for riding and $27 for non-riding
- Club & Zone Calendar - Clubs and Zones should submit email their calendar of events to firstname.lastname@example.org as per the Calendar Policy
- Insurance - All claims MUST be sent to the State Office. The claim will then be forwarded to the insurers with a copy retained by State. Claims are NOT to be sent directly to the insurers under any circumstances.
- Host Zone for State Championships - A host Zone is required for both State Mounted Games and Show Riding. To submit your application please download and complete the Zone Application to Host a 2011 State Championship form as soon as possible.
- My Club & My Website - Access to MyClub and MyWebsite must be renewed annually. Renewal falls due on the 31st January 2011 for all Club and Zones with current access. Application forms are available here.
- Paid Instructors - Zones and Clubs are reminded that only instructors listed on the Paid Instructor Panel list are permitted to be paid for giving instruction at Pony Club. A list of the current instructors, as well as the booking form, is available on the website under the Coaching tab.
- Classifieds - To avoid delays in the placement of your classified please adhere strictly to the Placing Online Classifieds Guidelines.
State Annual General Meeting
The Annual General Meeting (AGM) will be held on Tuesday, 29 March 2011 at the Campbelltown Catholic Club. Only financial members will be permitted to attend AND only financial members from Clubs and Zones that have submitted an updated Office Bearers form - a copy of the forms are available here
For members unable to attend, all Proxy voting forms MUST be received at the State office by 9am, Friday 25th March. Forms arriving after this time, or handed in at the meeting, will NOT be accepted.
2011 National Pony Club Championships
The 2011 National Pony Club Championships will be held at Werribee Park National Equestrian Centre, Victoria from Monday 26th September to Saturday 1st October 2011.
If you have been selected on the Long List you must;
- Attend as many of the Preferred Events as possible. A list of Preferred Events is available on the website under the Events tab. Please contact the relevant Club or Zone to nominate for these events, contact details can be found on the State website under the Find a Club tab.
- Submit an updated 2011 Nationals Application Form, with the results from attendance at the Preferred Events, to the state office by Friday, 8 July 2011. A copy of the form is available for download here.
What if I didn't make the long list?
The Executive have decided to reopen applications to all riders. Simply follow the same steps as above. Selected riders will be announced at the July State Meetings.
Open Day Initiative
Due to a poor response from Clubs and Zones the Open Day Initiative scheduled for April 2011 has been postponed until February 2012. All Clubs and Zones who have scheduled this initiative for 2011 are encouraged to still proceed and should contact the State Marketing Coordinator, Lisa Teixeira, by email email@example.com by Friday, 25 February 2011 to confirm the details we have on file;
- Club name
- Date of Open Day
- Start and end time of Open Day
- Venue address
- Activities on offer
- Cost of membership; Riding & Non-Riding
- How to join the club (e.g. complete membership form on day)
- Contact person name, position, address, email and telephone number
- Estimated number of brochures required
- Any other information/requirements
Thank you for your understanding.
DOES YOUR HORSE OR PONY HAVE...
- Excessively long hair or fails to shed its hair in spring/summer?
- Recurrent laminitis or foot abscesses?
- Excessive thirst or urination?
- Increased susceptibility to infections and worm burdens?
- An inability to maintain or build muscle?
- Abnormal fat distribution, particularly at the crest of the neck and tail head?
IF SO, THERE IS A CHANCE YOUR HORSE MAY HAVE EQUINE CUSHING’S SYNDROME! Click here
for more details.
Club of the Month Competition
HOW TO ENTER: Write a Club Profile. Tell us how great your club is by writing a short paragraph, or two, on each of the following topics;
- Club History - What year did the club form? Who formed it? Where were the original grounds? How many members were there in the first year? etc.
- Club Improvements - How has the club changed over the years? E.g. moved grounds, name changed, etc....
- Club Today - How many members are there today? How often do you meet? Describe your typical rally day, etc..
- Club Plug - What's the best thing about being a member of the club? Have any members achieved state, or national, success?
PLUS, include up to 4 high quality images, as attachments. Please also include; your name, Club, Zone as well as the Club Secretary name and email so that we can contact them should your club win. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
with the subject heading ‘Club of the Month
1 CLUB RECEIVES: A fantastic prize pack including: -
ENTRIES CLOSE: the last day of the month.
The Pony Club Association of NSW is kindly sponsored and supported by;